Hasn’t anyone done a Blingee farewell image of her riding that horse on a beach? Appear, challenger!
You should only move someplace you can imagine loving even without everyone and everything you’ve seen about it on the Internet. Maybe even especially without those people and things. Especially the people.
Either, as long as they’re used to present dick jokes.
Certainly not! That was the last gig when I was still glorious mere Talent, before I was seduced across the bloody gulf into malevolent Management. Such a wondrous, simple time. We didn’t have Twitter or iPhones, but we did have Sploid to get our news.
I’m kind of in denial about starting that whole process. I figure he can just be educated at home via iPad.
No, but I did get to take home an evening’s worth of leftover oyster pie.
Boy would I! I’m sure he’s doing the backstroke on a sea of attractive offers. Would be happy to just get a feature out of him at least, or a playdate with Rose. I mean with my own toddler of course, not with me, in some perverted creepy way.
I am happy to take everyone back, all the time. Hey, is this your first tumbl from inside the NYT Styles section?
Because I prefer to hold you down while i choke you and Fuck that ass that i own.
Here’s this again. Out all next week. Ready to dispense hilarious bromides.
BlackBook Media seeks an experienced, skilled, talented, ambitious individual to serve as Features Editor. Primary responsibility is the daily oversight of BBook.com, a website with a large and growing audience; components include both daily editorial content (20+ posts per day) and online guide listings covering 20k listings in 60+ destinations worldwide. The editor will also oversee logistics of issue close on BlackBook magazine in coordination with Executive Editor and Creative Director, among others. Working with and for the BlackBook guides (distributed primarily via mobile and online) will also be part of the routine. Management duties include at least one direct report and oversight of projects involving entire staff in one way or another. Other opportunities exist for writing across all platforms or pursuing independent, entrepreneurial projects involving the company and its partners.
This is a full-time permanent staff position in our New York office. Compensation commensurate with experience and skills, but will include a combination of salary, stock options, and performance incentive bonus. Elective employee benefits are available.
- Superlative editorial skill and stellar writing ability
- Methodical attention to detail and aptitude managing multiple projects with overlapping timelines
- Experience managing a daily-updated website with significant audience as a full-time employee
- Voracious pop culture appetite combined with sharp sensibility about what’s actually worth a damn
- Ability to conceive, assign, manage, edit, and finalize feature-length stories
- Diplomacy, persistence, and panache to research, contact, negotiate, and land A-list personalities as feature subjects
- Print media experience, magazines and issue closing preferred
- Ability to manage a team of internal staff and freelancers, and work with colleagues and managers in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Aptitude with the usual suites of office and internet software
Extra Points For:
- Familiarity with mobile app space, especially iPhones
- Experience with digital travel guides, especially mobile
- Skill with design and layout software
Submit resumes and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Absolutely no phone calls, please.
Definitely one, maybe two of these. If you want, or you know someone who want, have them email me a rez at email@example.com.
Job Title: Account Executive
Company: BlackBook Media Corp.
Industry: Advertising Sales, Internet, Publishing
Reports to: VP
Salary: Base plus commission
Benefits: Medical & Dental
Job Duration: Full Time
Job Location: New York
BlackBook is seeking a dynamic and creative entrepreneur to sell digital advertising for our expansive suite of products. Multi platform out of the box selling is a must. The ideal candidate possesses an uptown-meets-downtown sensibility and intuitively knows what’s cool and what’s not. This job is not for someone who wants to sit at a desk all day.
• Responsible for meeting sales targets across platforms
• Plan, develop, and execute multiplatform sales strategies including but not limited to online, mobile, print, guide sponsorships, and event marketing
• Write proposals, RFP’s, and presentations
• Manage ongoing accounts and develop relationships with new clients
• Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports
• Broaden endemic and non-endemic advertiser base
• Deliver the “next big thing” to your clients
• 3 + years in media sales with consistent digital experience throughout
• Mobile experience highly desired, print experience helpful
• Results-oriented entrepreneur
• Proven track record of meeting/beating sales targets
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred